Jakarta, Manggala Wanabhakti, Room Sonokeling, 10 July 2017
Minister of Environment and Forestry represented by Dr. Ir. Bambang Hendroyono, MM (Secretary general of the Environment and Forestry Ministry)
The inauguration RFMRC-SEA by Secretary general of the Environment and Forestry Ministry
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The National inter-agency round table forest and fire management and Launching Regional Fire Management Resource Center – South East Asia Region (RFMRC-SEA) executed on the date 10 July 2017, the activities is carried out by Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) and Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) through the financial support of the Ministry of Food and Agricultural Federal Republic of Germany. As a follow up the cooperation program that began 1 March 2017 to 28 February 2019 to do the inauguration the establishment of RFMRC-SEA.
The objective of the RFMRC-SEA will be to function as an independent regional center of competency and excellence for fire management, operating at the interface between science and informed policy development (Science-Policy Interface – SPI). The RFMRC-SEA has been established by the Faculty of Forestry Sciences, Bogor Agricultural University (Indonesia), with the assistance of the GFMC. These two institutions have been working together in fire science and fire management since the mid-1990s at bilateral level as well as within international projects. The Center shall successively build the following capacities:
- Development of an internet-based information portal, which will include the science of vegetation fires and related scientific disciplines;
- Development of a web-based documentation and information portal on the practices that are prerequisite for the application of scientific principles in informed fire management;
- Creation of an interface and promotion of the dialogue between services of specialized governmental institutions and civil society organizations;
- Provision of advisory service for sustainable forestry & land management and relevant policies;
- Promotion of regional cooperation through networks, notably within the UNISDR Regional Southeast Asia Wildland Fire Network under the Global Wildland Fire Network; and
- Training and continuing vocational training in fire management (main task: Information, training, training and education and the promotion of human resources and institutional capacities).
The National inter-agency round table forest and fire management and Launching Regional Fire Management Resource Center – South East Asia Region (RFMRC-SEA)
inaugurated by the Minister of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) represented by Dr. Ir. Bambang Hendroyono, MM (Secretary General Ministry of Environment and Forestry). He stated that Indonesia also proposed the establishment of Asean Coordinating Center for Transboundary Haze Pollution Control hosted in Jakarta. While ACC in progress, in the same time the Faculty of Forestry Sciences, IPB has an innitiative to establish The RFMRC-SEA. The next step is how two center will collaborative in action as a partner. Giving mutual benefit. Sharing information. Mutual trust. In advanced, all support the government policy. May provide benefits for the nation and country in particular to reduce forest and land fires. Congratulations to work, and officially this meeting I declared opened. Hereafter hopefully this meeting becomes the forerunner of the establishment Regional Fire Management Research Center-South East Asia (the RFMRC-SEA).
The other information can be obtained from link:
- German-funded agency to help Indonesia prevent forest fires
- IPB Bentuk Pusat Data Pengendalian Karhutla
- IPB Perkuat Pengendalian Kebakaran Hutan dengan Hasil Penelitian
- Bogor Agricultural Institute establishes forest fire data center
- IPB Bentuk RFMRC-SEA Pengendalian Kebakaran Hutan Indonesia